Watch this PEC Session On-demand
Air travel confront passengers with a visible disability with a whole range of challenges. There is a much larger cohort with invisible impairments who also feel a loss of dignity from onboard processes in particular and, as a result, are stressed even before they start their journey. Breaking down the barriers to make air dignified for all requires innovation and mindset changes. How then should the aviation community collaborate to take a harmonised and human-centric approach to accessibility? What mechanisms would foster greater innovation? And how can airlines, airports and regulators support adoption?
- Christopher Wood, Aviation Accessibility Consultant, Flying Disabled
- Sebastian Petry, Director of Innovation, Panasonic Avionics
- Sara Marchant, Service Manager – Passengers Requiring Support, Heathrow Airport
- Rene Adam, Head of Research and Technology, FACC
- Nico Langmann, Professional Wheelchair Tennis Player, Participant at the Paralympics, Tokyo 2020
Sign-up for the latest exhibition updates and industry insights here.