Can we reduce the weight of an aircraft by replacing metal with thermoplastic materials? Every kilo reduced in a commercial airplane leads to less fuel consumption and significant reductions in CO2 emission.
SABIC developed a “one step” formability as LEXAN™ Light F6L300 sheet can be thermoformed into complex 3D shape parts.
With very thin walls down to 0.6mm, offering substantial potential for overall weight savings and fuel efficiency across an airline fleet.
To produce 3D shape parts as durable and tough as metal equivalent. With weight savings >40%, innovative lightweight closed-cell foam encapsulated by solid outer layers.
That is Chemistry that Matters™
- LEXAN™ F6L300 sheet offers up to 40% weight savings when replacing traditional PVC/PMMA blend based sheet products
- Complies with typical industry flame, smoke (FAR25.853) and Airbus/Boeing toxicity requirements (BSS7239, ABD0031)
- Innovative lightweight closed cell foam encapsulated by solid outer layers
- Can be thermoformed into complex 3D shape parts with very thin walls, offering substantial potential for overall weight savings and fuel efficiency across an airline fleet
- Samples available in standard gray and black colors
- Technical support from SABIC available for sampling and thermoforming
- Kick panels
- Side panels
- Seat trims
- Magazine holders
- Cockpit dashboard enclosures and components
- Luggage compartments
- Passenger service units
For more information, please visit our website www.sabic.com/ff or follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/sabic-functional-forms-solutions/
Link: To the Exhibitor Directory (SABIC Booth)
Product Showcase listings are a paid-for opportunity for cabin interior manufacturers to share their products, services and solutions. If you’d like to showcase your product, get in touch with the AIX Sales team.